Friday, September 08, 2006

Saturday, May 06, 2006
Twenty Five........and six
1. The number 25 represents the age I've been for the last 16 years and most likely will remain for the next 16 years.

2. I am Aquarius but wonder how much I measure up to the description of Aquarius. I really can be very shy and will over compensate for this by over talking; in a social situation I find silence awkward & it makes me uncomfortable. Same with self-confidence; its only been recently that I've shown how I am lacking in this area.

3. I have a younger sister (18 months) and younger brother (5 years). When I'm not fighting with my sister I'm in constant contact with her (thus the fighting) and my brother who lives 1,000 miles away, constantly. There is very little divorce in my family; only a couple in very extended family. I have resentment from my childhood but have very good, fun memories with both my mother's & my father's family & still get together with many of them even though they live far away.

4. I grew up with dogs only and boxers only. In my life we've had 2 boxers named Simba, 2 named Ginger and now my dad has one named Brandy (we pride ourselved on creativity with names). A boxer will forever be my favourite dog (gotta own one to know what I mean).

5. I've always hated my name Tracey but love my second name Rae. So much so its either for the love of the name or vanity that I've named my girls Alexis Rae & Chloe Rae and hope they name their own girls Rae as a second name. Also, I have several cousins with the second name Rae & could care less if we all sound inter-bred.

6. I skipped a grade in school and continued to do exceptionally poor with something like a 55% average. I finished high school at 16, went back at 17 with thoughts in my head that month of being a dental hygenist (I'd tossed the ideas of a lawyer or anthropologist - yes I think that sounds ridiculous too but its true). I received more credits than necessary for a diploma but did not receive one because at that time there were the required credits, 2 of them being pys ed which I failed 2 years in a row because they were first period, right after skating at least 2 hours and didn't feel like playing dodge ball. I would probably get one if I asked but don't have a spot in my house to hang a high school diploma.

7. I joined the army the summer after high school, was shipped to Saskatchewan, only learned how to completely take apart a rifle, clean it & re-assemble it and this is when I learned to drink to excess in which I excelled. I don't believe I was ever hated as much in my life as my platoon hated me. The brain washing worked, I did not want to return to civilian life but managed to get "over that" and never looked back.

8. I have no desire to go on any vacations other than tropical. I think the reason being is I haven't so if you haven't gone, you don't know what you're missing.

9. I grew up around some good ski areas and the first time I put skiis on I couldn't stand up in them, learnt on my own and did just fine. Same with water skiing and actually was pretty good as a summertime recreational skiier. And now I'm the same way with skating. Where once I could skate better than I could walk it is now very different. A few years ago I would have jumped; it is very clear to me that I never will again - THAT IS SO VERY OVER.

10. Another thing about skating. When I can't sleep I still go through some of my old programs in my head, I even remember some of the monotonous footwork. As the years go by I forget a little more each year and for the life of me can only remember the music from one program.

11. I've gotten over some foods that I disliked as a child but no way, now how will I ever like peas & egg yolks.

12. My collecting - bikinis, jeans, plates. The bikinis & jeans, every time a purchase is made this will be the one that looks perfect - it has never happened. I probably have no less than 100 plates.

13. I have a best friend who lives in my hometown and WITHOUT A DOUBT she has been a better friend to me than I could even come close to and we are complete opposites in just about every sense.

14. I truly should have a nose job and if anything needs augmenting it would be my lips. After rebelling against my father who told me if I plucked my eyebrows they would grow straight across, I over plucked and they've never grown back.

15. I think movies & television have influenced my morals, values & life too much. Those "feel good" movies for certain have made me naive, all people are good, bad people are in the movies. I truly cannot watch horror. Once I watched When a Stranger Calls Back in slow motion, no suspenseful music, no jumping out at you and was scared and had to look away.

16. I could believe in God & heaven with all my heart if only I could have some sort of proof. I'm very very scared to die and actually think something is going to happen by "that time" and I won't.

17. My standards have changed and I don't want much more than to own a house with a pool and a larger yard where I can plant all my mother's lillies.

18. I hate surprises, I'd rather know someone was planning on surprising me.

19. I've always been grateful that I never had a boy because I thought I'd screw him up.

20. As far as my sexual attitude is concerned, my first experience was with my first boyfriend who I truly loved. I hope my daughters have the same experience even though I was young it was healthy and I have no hang-ups from the experience albeit by some people's standards I might be boring. I've had several relationships and have never had dysfunctional sex so to speak, never been "frigid" and I truly guarantee if I was called that the fault would lie in the person speaking. I especially get the "urge" when its super hot outside.

21. My biggest goal would be true happiness where there would be nothing that would bother me or have me mull it over in my head.

22. There is nothing I appreciate more in a person than their sense of humour; how & what they laugh at is a magnet for me.

23. While I truly can admire some people's "tastes" which is not often I can't seem to get over my way is the only way and I would not enjoy being in the company of someone like me. I might not seem the type but I absolutely love frilly, sparkly, flowery, ruffley stuff so really I have no taste; plus I'm a copycat too.

24. I have never had any interest in horses but there's something about seeing a brown horse with a blonde mane & tail that "just does it for me". Same with male lions & old fashioned roses.

25. I've had a couple of experiences with "spirits" (an uncle & my mother) and have convinced myself that its all in the power of the mind.

26. This could all change tomorrow with an additional 25.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home